Monday, January 4, 2010

Why Hello 2010!

Happy New Year!  I did it.  I made my salmon.  It was delicious!  Stephen and I both enjoyed it, although my kitchen did not.  You should've seen it (too bad I didn't take a picture) - the clean up was a killer, but all worth it none-the-less.  I'm looking forward to all the different things that 2010 will bring.  2009 was a good year to me, why wouldn't 2010 be also?  Here is a bit of a reminiscent of what 2009 brought me:
*I was a teacher loving every minute of my job and feeling the blessings in how I felt about my coworkers and my place of employment *I was a Young Life leader and had amazing fellowship in my community as well as was stretched by God to see How All Powerful and Majestic His ways are *I went skiing *I went t0 St. Augustine, Florida and enjoyed a wonderful family vacation *I took 60 12 year olds and their parents to Washington, D.C. a trip that I planned and was completely in charge of *The D.C. trip was a success! *I watched a classroom of 28 pieces of my heart "graduate" and said goodbye to my job at GSE *I celebrated with some of my best friends as they graduated from high school and prayed that God would protect their future *I teary-eyed said goodbye to my amazing Lexington community and moved back home with my parents *I began a deep sisterhood with my parent's dog, Rosie *I changed my name when I married my best friend and high school heart throb *I traveled to St. Lucia and wished I could live there 2 months out of the year *I took up residency in Illinois *I applied and was accepted into grad-school *I officially became an Aunt *I ended the year with all my dear KY friends in my heart amongst my new Chicago family...I am blessed beyond belief.

New Years resolutions have never been my "thing".  Maybe it's because I've never been disciplined enough to keep them.  However, this year I feel like I should throw in a little self determination and beat myself at my own game.  These resolutions are ones that I welcome accountability...I pray that with God's help I show my weak self who's boss!


I hope you're challenging yourself to go above and beyond this new year.  Feel free to share any thoughts or suggestions to my resolutions - what about you?  What are some of your's?

3 comments:

  1. So...one state you could easily visit...INDIANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It's lame, but we are here. :) Actually, Seth and I want to plan a weekend adventure to visit you in Chicago in the spring. When it's warmer. I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie I would LOVE to visit you guys in Indiana just to see what life's like in Newburgh...expect me to come sometime soon. Boo Hoo warm weather - come when it's cold...you'll have a greater range of weekends to choose from as the warm weather will attract more people :). Oh well, I'll take you when I can get you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and found my way over to your work out log! Just wanted to say way to go! I was where you are now about a year ago! I decided I was tired of being out of shape and wanted and needed a change. I started running slowly, building up my distance every time I ran! It's been over a year now and I'm signed up for my first 1/2 marathon this October. I"m up to running 9 miles now and I feel like I've kept my word to myself! Keep your head and and keep hitting the treadmill, you are doing a great job and you are taking great care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!