Meet my pretend dog, Nutmeg (or 'Meggy/'Meg for short):
She's dang cute isn't she??? Too bad she's not really mine (or really a she either - her tag says, "Angus").
I've loved dogs since the day I took my first breath (I know, I'm being really dramatic here). I grew up with all different kinds of dogs. Thankfully, so did Stephen. We both have a strong love for them and we can't wait for the day (someday soon!) when we get to satisfy that desire by going and getting a love child (also known as a puppy) of our very own. We have both always been on the same page by wanting to go to the Humane Society and rescue a lab-mutt of some sorts. While I still want to do that, I really want to get 'Meg first. It all started in February when our neighbor was outside walking their pet Vizsla named Kiwi. It was instant love at first sight! This dog was beautiful, so well behaved and SO sweet! My heart melted into a tiny puddle around my feet and then instantly froze as it was right after the Blizzard.
Some positives about Vizslas:
1. They don't get very big (45-65 lbs full grown)
2. They're known to not shed a lot
3. They respond well to training
4. They a incredibly friendly dogs (different opinions on the internet tell me that, not just my encounter with Kiwi).
5. They thrive on human companionship
6. They do well with lots of exercise (Stephen loves to run.....)
The only negative I can figure out:
1. They cost more than a pet at the Humane Society
Be still my heart...maybe one day! What about you? Do you have puppy love for a certain breed/type of dog?