Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad C!

Last year, Stephen's dad turned the big 6-0 and we headed down to the good 'ol KY to be a part of a wonderful surprise celebration in honor of him.  It was a good time!  This year, we played things a little low key and we had a simple family meal at Stephen's parents house.  I've known what I wanted to give Dad C. for his birthday since Christmas time.  It all started when I was flipping through my Pottery Barn catalog and I stumbled upon this:

Remember how Stephen loves the Steelers? (I know, shut-up already) Well, he was born into a family proclaiming Steeler Nation.  I knew that Stephen's dad - a lover of the Steelers and of good ales, would love a gift like this!  So I promptly got online and found some beer glasses and a beer pitcher from Amazon, as well as a glass bowl from Target to finish things off.  


I quickly got to work warming up my Silhouette and searching online for the perfect Steeler logo.  After finding the perfect logo, I followed this tutorial to use the .jpeg and turn it into a vinyl cut-out of the logo.    I adhered the logos to the bowl, 4 glasses and the pitcher and layered on tons of etching cream.  I waited in anticipation, hoping for a Pottery Barn-esque masterpiece and here's what I got:



Ta-da!  Needless to say, Stephen wanted them :)
Any new projects your working on?  Do share, I love me some inspiration!


I've linked up to these parties:

11 comments:

  1. oh me too I want them too, nice job!

    He is going to LOVE them! If not I'll arm wrestle for them. LOL

    :)
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Kari!!! I'm going to use that for my dad's b-day with some Card's logos. It's not until September, so I've got some time... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are perfect!! I love it. I love all things etched!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great and are a perfect solution for those hard-to-buy-for men in my life. We have lots of football fans in my family I'll have to keep this in mind for next Christmas. Was cutting vinyl on the Silhouette difficult? I haven't gotten the courage to try the vinyl yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I'm a new follower. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home on Monday for More The Merrier Mondays Link Party.

    http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! They look so professional!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for using my tutorial for creating the template for the Silhouette from the JPG! I'm glad it helped :)

    Fio

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I've been wanting to do this exact thing with my cricut and the Cardinals logo. I wonder if I could use the same tutorial for that or if it only works for the Silhouette?? Either way, you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I found you on the Craft-O-Maniac Monday hop, and am now following.

    You really need to make & sell these. :) My husband would LOVE to have Steeler's glasses.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea. I'll have to remember this when birthdays and Christmas roll around!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love LOVE these! I can't wait to get a Silhouette! I would love for you to stop by and link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link party (it lasts all week)!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!