Introducing the monogrammed button pillow!
It was easy to make, just very time consuming...
Here's what you need to make your own:
1. A pillow form (I went with the 12x16 form)
2. Fabric (for my size pillow I went 3/4 a yard)
3. Buttons (I got mine off etsy)
4. A print out of the letter you're going to be monograming
5. A washable fabric marker
6. Thread and a needle (I used an embroidery needle)
Now the how to...
1. After cutting your fabric (I do the envelop pillow sham so I cut 3 pieces of fabric), take the front piece of fabric and using your print out and your marker, trace your letter onto the fabric. It should look like this when you're done:
2. After you've traced your letter, take your threaded needle and begin arranging and sewing your buttons onto your fabric:
3. After you finished sewing on all your buttons, take a q-tip and some water and rub it onto the fabric to wash off the marker you used to form your letter. It should easily come off with a little scrubbing.
4. If you're making an envelope pillow sham cover like I did, you should have cut your fabric into 3 pieces. I cut mine into the following sizes: 13x17 <--front, 13x13 and 13x9 <--- the 2 back pieces that make the envelope sham. I then hemmed the 13" sides of the 2 back pieces to finish them off.
5. I took all of my 3 pieces and pinned them together right sides facing each other:
6. After pinning them together I sewed a 1/2 inch seam attaching all three pieces together:
7. After you've finished sewing the pieces together, turn it right-side out and admire your work:
Can you do this? YES! This was NOT hard and I have complete confidence in you! :) If you have any questions, please feel free to email me! I can't wait to see your very own monogrammed pillow!
I've linked up to:
The Girl Creative; The DIY Showoff; It's So Cheri; Keeping it Simple; Southern Hospitality; Between Naps on the Porch; Tools Are For Women Too; Under the Table and Dreaming; Craft-o-Maniac; Making the World Cuter; Mad in Crafts; Sumo's Sweet Stuff ; Simpsonized Crafts; Sew Can Do; Skip to My Lou; C.R.A.F.T.; Hope Studios; New Nostalgia; All Thingz Related; Tip Junkie; Coastal Charm; Craft Edition; Sew Much Ado; Me and My Bucket; Trendy Treehouse; It's So Very Cheri; Blue Cricket Design; Someday Crafts; Tea Rose Home; Twin Dragon Designs; Bargain Shopping Paradise; Life in the Pitts; Night Owl Crafting; The Thrifty Home; Organize and Decorate Everything; Somewhat Simple; Cheap Chic Home; Fireflies and Jellybeans; Everything Etsy; Life as Lori; Tools are for Women Too; Tales from Bloggeritaville; Seven Thirty Three; Crazy Domestic; Finding Fabulous; Remodelaholic; Fingerprints on the Fridge; KoJo Designs; Tidy Mom; Simply Designing; My Romantic Home; The Shabby Nest; Fun to Craft; Chic on a Shoestring Decorating; A Few of My Favorite Things; Punkin Seed Productions; Amy Lou Who; A Vision to Remember; Tatertots and Jello; Craft Envy; She Wears Flowers