Monday, September 26, 2011

Downstairs Tour

Whelp, it's been MUCH longer than I had anticipated it being...needless to say, things have been CRAZY!  I've been good to keep my head above the water and stay sane!  Anyhoo - I promised pictures of our new home and so pictures I have.  These are pictures from when we did our walk-through 3 days before our closing (so about a month ago).  Since then, we've been busy, busy, busy painting and preparing for this weekend when we finally move all our furniture in.  We're both really looking forward to waking up and knowing that all of our clothes are in our closet, where we can find them!  I wanted to include a floor plan to help navigate you around our digs, however that is taking me much longer than expected.  I decided to just bite the bullet and share the pictures with you without the floor plan.

So our house is a 2-story Cape Cod with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, and a 2 car garage.  We do have a basement, but it is unfinished (I included no pictures...it looks just like any unfinished basement you've ever seen).  So, without further a-do, here she is:
{First Floor}
Right when you walk in the front door.  Just so you get your bearings, the dining room is to your right, the living room to your left.  If you go straight past the stairs, there is a half-bath in the little hall to the left and then the hallway ends in the family room (which is connected to the kitchen).
Looking to the right...
Dining Room from the front door
Again, the dining room, a little farther in looking into the kitchen
In the dining room, looking on the front door (standing next to the kitchen door)
Looking to the left when you're standing at the front door...
To the left is the living room (we will be using it as an office) and you can see the hall half-bath in this picture
Looking into the living room (office) - it is connected to the family room by french doors
Looking into the living room (office) from the family room
Moving to the back of the house...
The family room (as if standing to the left of the french doors) and looking into the kitchen
The family room, with the kitchen in back of you
In the family room, with the fireplace to the right and the kitchen to the left, looking towards the front door
The kitchen (standing with the family room facing your back)
The kitchen with the bay window behind you

and off the kitchen is a little mudroom...
The blanket is the efficient window treatments that the first owners had covering the window...the short wall hides the door leading to the garage
The half bath in the entry hallway

I'm so excited to paint this ceiling that the old owners had green (that comment is dripping in sarcasm).


That's the downstairs of our new home.  I'll share with you the upstairs tomorrow.  I'll also be sharing with you the plans that we have for our new home and the progress we've made.  Don't get me wrong, it's been great living with my parents, but we're both SUPER excited to move in and enjoy having all of our stuff put up where we can find it!





3 comments:

  1. WOW!! It all looks awesome!! So much potential. I can't wait to see what it will look like once you get to put your stuff in. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! it looks sooo beautiful! i can't wait to see how you will make it your own! i love your kitchen and the built-ins...OH MY! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari...I can't wait to see it!!! I love the steps going upstairs so much. Perfect.

    Soon enough I'll be coming over for a visit. Sometime.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!