Wednesday, January 12, 2011

An Exciting Weekend

Stephen and I ventured back home to Louisville this weekend for exciting and memorable celebrations!  My sister, Melissa got hitched!  She married her looooooooong time :) boyfriend, whom we've kinda already thought of as family, David.  It was really funny whenever Stephen and I would tell people that my sister was getting married they would make comments and ask about it as if it were a traditional, every day kinda wedding - "Are you going to be able to make it to the Rehearsal Dinner?" "Are you a bridesmaid?" "Where's the reception?"  These are normal questions and I don't blame people for asking them, but they obviously don't know my sister.  We always knew she'd get married and we always knew that it would be her type of wedding - "no big deal".  Well, guess what Melissa?  It WAS a big deal and there's nothing you can do about that!  HA! ;).  They had a very short and small (14 others in attendance) wedding performed by my father, the Reverend....here are some pictures of the fun filled day!

 Look at that good-lookin' family!  Someone tell my dad to smile!

oh the stories we could tell....

Do you see that smile on my mom's face?  I don't think anyone was happier - maybe not even Melissa - than my mom! :)

Congratulations Melissa and David!  We couldn't be happier for you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!