Tuesday, December 15, 2009

One of my favorite Cookie Recipes...

Last year, my new sister-in-law gave me a recipe to one of Stephen's favorite cookies.  Because I knew he loved these cookies so much, I set right out to make them.  Not only are they AMAZING (make sure you try them while they're still warm and out of the oven) but they are also INCREDIBLY easy to make!  I am going to share this recipe with you as it makes a GREAT Christmas cookie, but please don't limit it to only 1 time of year!  The cookies are {drum roll please.......} 
The White Chocolate Cranberry Shortbread Cookie.  
Okay, so here's the skinny!
Ingredients:
-2 Cups (4 sticks) of butter (at room temperature)
-1 cup of sugar
-4 cups of flour
-1 pkg (6 squares) of Bakers Premium White Baking Chocolate, Chopped (I use a bag of white chocolate morsels...it's easier and cheaper)
-1.5 cups of dried cranberries

Directions:
-Preheat your oven to 350
-Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.








-Add flour; mix well. 
-Stir in chopped chocolate and cranberries.
-Drop rounded tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
-Flatten each ball of dough slightly.
-Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned.
***If you have a stand mixer it is best to use this as the dough is VERY thick and can tire a hand mixer.
These are SO dang good and because they have such a generous portion of butter in them, they melt in your mouth just like a shortbread cookie is supposed to!
Stephen and I decided that because these cookies are so good that we would make them to give to our neighbors in our building.  We're taking them to them tonight so you can pray that we have a good introduction to our neighbors and that they may see Christ is us throughout our duration of living here.

Enjoy your cookies!  Let me know what you think!











2 comments:

  1. These look so good! I love anything cranberry! Thanks for linking up your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These do look good! I know I would love my new neighbor if they brought me their delicious, homemade cookies! I know yours will too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!