Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wreaths for the Windows

I've been itching to decorate our house for Christmas for the past 3-4 weeks now.  I knew that we had tons of Christmas decorations for the inside of our house, but when it came to the outside, we were coming up short.  I was trying to think of ways to decorate that would be good on the budget and I knew that my love of wreaths would be a great way to make a costly compromise.

I headed off to Wal-Mart and snagged four 24 inch plain wreaths for $4 a wreath.  I knew I wanted pops of color on each wreath so I whisked away with 26 red, shatterproof ornaments for $5 and 26 silver shatterproof ornaments for $5.  I also got me some red, sparkly ribbon (100 feet) from Target for $10 to make me some bows for these said-wreaths.  Total cost spent (with ribbon and ornaments left over: $36).  I immediately got to work, pulling and twisting on the wreaths to open them up and make them more full.  I then strategically attached 6 ornaments on the front of the tree and then called my mom over for reinforcement.  I have one of these handy-dandy EZ Bow makers:

that I needed some help maneuvering.  We immediately got to work and she whipped out 4 great wreath bows for me while I attached them to the wreaths.  When it was all said and done, we had 4 great looking wreaths (if I do say so myself) to attach to our windows:

Here it is in all it's glory, hanging by way of a jumbo suction cup (it still hasn't fallen yet - praying they hold all season!) on our window:

So....what do you think?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!