Saturday, December 10, 2011

I can still post about fall decorations....right???

I had so many things that I wanted to share with you, and before I knew it it was December.  How'd that happen?!?!?!?  It just didn't seem right to share with you our Christmas decorations without sharing our Fall Decorations, so despite the tardiness, here they are!  If you're interested in seeing our fall decorations from last year in our Chicago apartment, click here.
Fall is easily, hands down, my favorite season of the year.  There's something about the air turning from hot and muggy to crisp and cool that gets me excited.  I would be lying if I told you I didn't like smelling the faint scent of smoke from a good fire or hearing the band practicing for Friday night's big game (assuming you live somewhere close to a college or high school).  I love the anticipation of the holidays and the excitement that comes to my mom and husband as they gear up for football season.  So, with all that being said, needless to say, I love to decorate for fall!
 I love having the bookshelves on either side of our fireplace - the decorating capabilities are endless!

 A close-up of the fireplace.  If you like the wheat bundle on the left side of the mantel, I made it last year and blogged about it here if you're interested in making one for next year.  

 The bookshelf to the left of the fireplace.  I made the fall artwork in the upper righthand side of the bookshelf a couple of years ago and blogged about it here.  The greatest thing about this artwork is that you can make it for any season or with any cutout you'd like.  

 To the right of the fireplace

Do you remember my fall pillow that I made with my friend Amanda last year?  Read about how to make your own, here.

Our coffee table.  I snagged the candy corn dish at Kohls this year for $1.50.  I was so excited to bring it home to my candy fiend husband!

The entire falled out family room!
Did you really think I was done? :)
This was in the kitchen, next to our 'fridge.  I got the small pumpkin thinking I would paint it and decorate it with a monogram...that didn't happen.  Maybe next year???

Our hall bath downstairs.  The fern wallpaper wasn't my doing - please remember to only look at the fall decorations in this picture :)

Whelp, there it is - my homage to fall!  I feel a lot better about sharing Christmas decorations now that I've shared my fall ones!
Are you all decorated for Christmas????

1 comment:

  1. The mantle-wall is gorgeous! Well done! And I'm so glad you found your Fall tree pillow! Yay! *Smoochies*

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!