Friday, July 1, 2011

Holy Barracuda, Batman!


It's already JULY?!?!  When did this happen???  What happened to May?  Heck, what happened to April?  Time is flying around here and I can't seem to stop it or at least slow it down.  The good thing about time flying is that I officially have only 11 more nights of grad school and then I'm done.  Finished.  Done-zo.  I can't even begin to tell you what a blessing it has been for me to go to school full-time and not have anything else major requiring my attention.  I also can't even begin to tell you how much I miss being in the classroom and sharing my life with 25+ kids.  If there's one thing that God has made clear to me over the past 2 years, it's that He made me to work with kids.  I cannot wait to {hopefully} be in the classroom again this upcoming school year - prayers for that are appreciated!!!

Something else I can't wait to have back are my nights.  Night class is such a bummer, especially when you're in it for 4 nights a week, 4 hours each class.  I know, I know, suck it up!  This girl needs to just sulk and whine for a second.  I can honestly tell you that this past year and a half of grad school has been totally worth it.  I have learned so many things about how to work with struggling readers, how to set up reading and writing in my classroom, even just how to be a better teacher all around.  I'm just itching to start reading groups and work on word sorts.  Exciting, isn't it??? ;)

Wanna know something absurd?  I'm contemplating continuing some grad classes to get another certification.  Yup, it's official: I'm a glutton for punishment!
Anyhoo...there's a lot of excitement and craziness coming up in the lives of this crazy lady and her loving husband.  I'll fill 'ya in on all of it sometime next week when I have the time and stamina to keep up with the craziness.  Until then, if I don't talk to you, have a great 4th of July.  We're laying low this weekend; recovering from the past four weekends of fun-filled hectic-ness.  Ride a boat, shoot off some fireworks, grill out and layout this weekend for us!  

1 comment:

  1. So excited that you're almost done with grad school! Wahoo! Hope you all had an awesome weekend - we miss you lots!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!