Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer!

Happy First Day of Summer!  Woo-Hoo!  Too bad it doesn't look like summer outside here in Chi-town...oh well!  I love the fact that when 9pm comes, the sky is still full of light!  Who wants dreary winter with nights sneaking up on you at 3pm when you can have an amazing loooong summer day?!  Not this girl!

We had quite the busy weekend but enjoyed every bit of it!  We headed to Columbus on Friday for Stephen's cousin's wedding.  We had so much fun even though Columbus was about 7-10 degrees warmer than where we came from (and MUCH more humid).  Friday night was spent celebrating their wedding and Saturday was spent eating a fantastic brunch with family before we headed out to drive to Louisville.

There we are with family :).
Stephen and I enjoyed the family-style dining at the reception!
There I am with the beautiful bride, my 2 sister-in-laws (on the far right) and my cousin-in-law (right next to me).

On Saturday night we celebrated Father's Day (in Louisville where it was in the scorching 90s with TONS of humidity in which I often felt as if I were sitting in someone's mouth...) with my mom and dad at their house by grilling out some yumtastic grilled chicken and corn on the cob.  And then on Sunday we enjoyed lunch with Stephen's family.  It was a fun-filled day!

On an entirely different note, did you notice the new summer header?  A special shout-out to my friend, Amy and her love for snapping beautiful pictures of the Chicago scenery.  The only picture that I didn't steal use from her is the sunflowers (I stole borrowed that from the internet).  Keep your eyes open for a wonderful post that you're bound to love sometime this week.  While I was home I was able to get my hands on some stuff I want to share with you...

Until then, I hope you have a super loooong day today - what are you planning on doing with all the extra daylight?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you h ad a super fun weekend! I love having the extra daylight, I come home and walk around the block, then lay out by the pool, then have dinner and it's still daylight out! crazy! Hope you have a great week! ~Andrea @ Life in Dawleywood

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The photos look awesome. You put them together so nicely!

    Can't wait to hang out with you soon! I'm a free woman (meaning no work) now!

    When are we going to do our first project day? Sometime next week?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!