Wednesday, October 20, 2010

DIY Wedding Fun - Part 2

Pumpkin-potted Mums

I spent a lot of time searching the internet (specifically home decorating and crafty magazines) to find different decorations that I could easily do myself to save money on.  This project was an EASY project and I loved the outcome!  Not only was it beautiful, but it saved me money on florist costs because I was able to decorate really cheaply with my pumpkin-potted mums.  AND (as if those 2 things weren't enough) my parents planted the mums once we were finished with them.  I made these on Thursday night before the wedding with my best friend and the only thing I had to do was cut the tops off the pumpkins and gut them.  If you're interested in the official tutorial, go here to see what I followed.  These would make a fall decoration for any home and then plant your mums (or give them away) when you're done!  This would also make an awesome housewarming gift (or any gift at that)!

2 comments:

  1. I'm loving these wedding DIYs! Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used your pumpkin mums in my Top Tuesday poll. Such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!