Monday, June 27, 2011

Happy 50th Anniversary, Aunt Shirley and Uncle Gene!

Stephen and I split town on Wednesday night and headed to Louisville in anticipation of a great family-filled weekend!  Our agenda: spend time with our family, meet little baby Elliott and celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th Wedding Anniversary.  We succeeded in all of the above :-).  We spent time in Louisville on Thursday with Stephen's side of the family and then headed off to Johnson City, TN to spend the weekend with my immediate and extended family.
Meet my amazing Aunt and Uncle.  My Aunt Shirley is my mom's eldest sister and with my Grandma passing away when I was in kindergarten, my Aunt became like a Grandma to me.  In fact, so much so that Stephen and I asked her to walk in in honor of my Grandma at our wedding.  Things you should know about my Aunt Shirley and Uncle Gene: they love the Lord with all their heart and they love and serve each other in ways that I hope Stephen and I do when we've been married for 50 years.  With that being said, we didn't bat an eye at the idea of driving 11 hours to celebrate such a wondrous occasion with them!
Their anniversary celebration was Friday night with a day filled with family reunion festivities on Saturday.  For all you Nascar fans out there, my Uncle Gene arranged a private tour of the Bristol Motor Speedway for us on Saturday morning.  I begrudgingly went, thinking it wouldn't be that fun and I couldn't have been more wrong!  We got to drive around the track and had a blast doing it!







This was us on the top of the embankment - it was super steep!  



Stephen was driving - going 60 felt like we were going 160!

Unfortunately, I've gotten REEEEAAAALLLLY bad at taking pictures and so I have no other pictures from this weekend...except for all of these:







Needless to say, I love him, A LOT!

What you do this weekend???



1 comment:

  1. Elliott looks so surly and grumpy in all his photos. I blame his parents...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!