Friday, September 3, 2010

Random Ramblings

I've got a lot of rubbish running through my brain and I just figured I'd allow it to end up on my blog in the form of word vomit.  I apologize in advance for how scattered this will be.  I will number my random thoughts so that it at least has some organization for you :).

1. It feels like fall outside!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited that makes me feel!  I expect and am totally ready for the weather to get back into the 80s, but for now this is a great glimpse of the wonderful weather that is to come.  There are a lot of people that live in Chicago that don't like fall because it means winter is coming.  DON'T LIKE FALL?!?!  How is that possible?!?!  It makes me mad at Chicago that it slaps people in the face with their winters and warns them of their presence with the onset of fall.  I'm hoping to find apple orchards and pumpkin farms near the city so that we can enjoy some of my favorite things of the season.

2. Stephen's Nana is back in the hospital (if you missed earlier this summer, you can read more about this here) but seemingly doing well.  I would really appreciate any and all prayers for her and her health&comfort.  Stephen and I considered heading to Pittsburgh this weekend to be with her, but with the encouragement of his dad, decided to plan to go another weekend.

3. My friend Libby that I first told you about here has started her chemo treatments to treat her Lymphoma.  Continued prayers for her peace, comfort, healing, etc. would be greatly appreciated and also prayers for her silly husband, Justin and their precious baby that they may know how to love and care for Libby during this hard time and also peace and patience for their hearts during this hard time.

4. I don't know if you need dress pants but The Limited has WONDERFUL dress pants that last a lifetime and are super versatile.  I'm telling you this because they are normally priced in the outrageous range of $70-$80 a pair - YOWZAS!  Right now they're on sale (ALL PANTS - jeans included) for $39.50.  What a steal?!?!  I have some pants from The Limited from like 5 years ago that are still kicking for me - that would be less than $10 a year that I would've spent on them if I got them for that good of a price!

5. I've started back to grad classes as of last week.  This semester is going to be a full one as both of my classes are very demanding of my time and work (how dare they?!).  It's interesting because with my past 2 semesters of classes, I've been fine with starting back up and doing the work.  This semester greets me with a different feeling - I'm having a VERY hard time getting back into the swing of things...I just don't want to do it.  (I know, I know..."Snap out of Kari and quit your whining!  It's a blessing that you can get your masters full time without having the burden of juggling a job at the same time." - thanks, I needed that!)

6. Stephen really wants me to run a 5k.  I don't know if you've checked out my work-out diaries lately but it's looking pretty sad.  I haven't ran in a hot one and really need to get back into doing it.  Stephen mentioned a 5k that is coming up that I could train to run.  He told me all about the "Lincoln Park Challenge", it's details and everything.  It was only after I continued to ask questions that I realized that this wasn't a real 5k.  He had made it up but was trying to sell it to me as a real 5k.  Evidently the crazy lady married a crazy man.

Thanks for letting me purge my brain of the random thoughts that have been scurrying through it!  I hope you have a fantastic holiday weekend and you enjoy your extra day of rest!

1 comment:

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!