Until then, I'll share with you the projects that I'm working on for my sister's baby. The little bean is due in June and they have decided to not find out the gender (what fun!). They're painting the nursery a light lime green and are going with a cute safari theme.
This is the book that I've used to create the dust ruffle/crib skirt. I LOVE IT! I had originally borrowed it from the library and then decided to bite the bullet and purchase one for myself. It's chocked full of great sewing projects including the dust ruffle that I've finished:
Here is the side view of the dust ruffle. In between those two panels are:
...a few animals that will peak through when the dust ruffle is under the mattress.
Here's and end view - the end panel is made up of the animal fabric.
And then here's another view of the animals peaking through the side panels.
As for the rest of the bedding, I'm going to be making her bumpers and a blanket that will match the skirt. The bumpers will be a combination of these:
This jungle fabric will be the outside of the bumpers...
The turquoise minky-dot will be the inside of the bumpers while the orange polka-dot will be the piping and the ties.
The blanket is being made using this tutorial from Sew4Home - I'm just going to make it bigger than the receiving blanket size. It will look like this when I'm done:
I'm using this cotton fabric for the one side:
And then the other side and the ric rac will be:
As soon as I'm finished, I'll be sure to show you! Keep your eyes pealed for the results from my friend Shea's baby bedding - I'll get those pictures out of her!