Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Fiesta!



I got my love of Fiestaware from my older sister, Melissa.  When I was in high school she began her collection of antique Fiestaware and receiving her own dishes on every gift-giving occasion.  It was then that I realized that I too had a deep love for these magnificent dishes.  I don't know what it was, something about their bright colors (I really liked all different shades of colors together for a big party) that made me so excited to get my own some day.


So, naturally when we registered for wedding gifts, I was SUPER excited to register for my very own Fiesta dishes!  How could I choose just 1 color?!  I couldn't...I chose 6: Scarlet, Tangerine, Sunflower, Shamrock, Cobalt and Plum.  The thought behind these colors was that they fit in with my desire to have a fall themed kitchen some day (are you surprised?).  Originally I wanted to paint my kitchen a beautiful burnt orange, but the more I think about it, the more I think I need to go more neutral to let my dishes do the talking ;).  Whenever I open up our cabinets and see the colors in a variety of pieces it makes me want to dance (I refrain)!

My dream kitchen would have dark, rich cabinets with a few cabinets with glass panels so that my dishes can peak through.  What about you?  What does your dream kitchen look like?  What kitchen accessory (or necessity - like dishes) do you love?

1 comment:

  1. I love Fiestaware too. You can't help but to smile when you see those bright and cheery colors!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!