Thursday, April 15, 2010

I can't wait to bake!

I love me some BBQ Chicken Pizza, in fact, it's my favorite.  I know it's not technically a real pizza (I will never find it at Giradano's or Lou Malnati's) but it is DANG good!  I started trying to make my own BBQ chicken pizza in November when I read Andrea's blog and she included a fast and easy way to make it.  Her recipe was GOOD and fast and easy (redundant, don'tcha think?).  I got to thinking, I bet I could make my own pizza crust.....and so I did.  On Saturday night I made my own homemade BBQ pizza.  I wish I could say that it was FABULOUS but it needed some more BBQ sauce, so I fully intend on putting more on it when I make it again.  I will share that recipe and pictures from that endeavor either later today or tomorrow so be ready to see my FAVORITE thing to eat when eating pizza :).

"Okay Kari, so what gives?  You're gonna tell us all about this pizza and then not even share it with us?"  No, because the point of this post is to tell you that making the crust was SO easy that now I want to try to make other breads.  I had so much fun doing it!  I was like a kid - I made the dough (whole wheat - yum!) and then Stephen and I went on a walk and the whole time we were on the walk I was giddy with excitement to come back and see if my dough had risen properly (I had tried to make dough unsuccessfully in the past because I didn't have a thermometer so I couldn't get the temp of the water correct so the yeast didn't work and the dough didn't rise).  When we returned from our walk, there was my dough, all big and risen - YAY!

Back in February, my Martha Stewart Living Magazine featured a couple variation of bread recipes.  Now that I have been successful with my pizza dough, I'm planning on tackling Martha's multi grain recipe and I. CAN'T. WAIT!

Are you interested in making some sort of breads yourself?  Don't be defeated, it's super easy (well...ask me when I finish making my first loaf)!  Some things that you definitely need: A thermometer (yeast is a tricky thing and if your water is too hot it will kill it and if it's too cool it won't activate it) and some dry active yeast.  Lastly, a stand mixer with a dough hook is SUPER handy but it's not a must have.  Stay tuned for the dough and pizza recipe and be prepared to make it yourself because it is TOO DANG easy (and YUMMMY) to not make!

4 comments:

  1. Yes!! I have been wanting to tackle bread, but felt afraid! Can't wait for your next post.

    Also, I like to make pizzas on the grill. Not sure if you can have a grill in Chicago, but FYI...it's super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I'm super intrigued with this grill idea - we do have a smaller gas grill (and a charcoal one that we inherited when we moved in) here that I would LOVE to try grilling a pizza on - how would you do this with the crust? We must talk more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I just find your blog! Love it! Can't wait to see what you are up too on a consistent basis. Hope Chicago is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It's great to see you on here, Patrice! :) I love checking your place out...especially on Thursdays! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!