(I got a little Cilantro happy - I chilled that out the next time I made it)
*Your favorite barbecue sauce
*1 red onion
*2 small (or 1-1.5 larger) chicken breasts
*Shredded colby jack cheese
* Chopped Cilantro (I chop my smaller than you see in this picture - I was just really excited!)
*1 1/2 cups warm water (105-115 F)
*1 t sugar
*1 package active dry yeast
*1 T olive oil
*4 1/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1 1/2 t salt
Weight Watchers Whole-Wheat Dough Directions:
***DOUGH TAKES ABOUT 1.5 HOURS TO MAKE (INCLUDING RISING TIME) SO MAKE SURE YOU MAKE TIME FOR THAT! Also, this dough makes enough for 2 12 in pizzas; I froze half the dough and then when I needed it, I put in in the fridge the night before to thaw.
1. In a 2 cup measuring cup, combine the water and the sugar. Sprinkle in the yeast and let stand until foamy (about 5 min), stir in the oil
2. In a food processor (I used my stand mixer with a dough hook), combine the flour and salt. With the machine running, scrape the yeast mixture into the bowl and stir until the dough forms a ball, about 1 minute. If necessary, turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth and elastic (I didn't have to knead).
3. Spray a large bowl with nonstick spray; put the dough in the bowl. Cover the bowl lightly with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm spot until it doubles in size, about 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough, then cut in half. Refrigerate or freeze in floured zip-close freezer bags at this point or use.
Rest of Pizza Directions
1. Rinse, dry, salt&pepper your chicken breasts and then cook them until they're cooked through in a skillet with a bit of olive oil.
3. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
2. Spread your dough out on a greased pizza pan.
3. Spread bbq sauce onto your dough
4. Chop your onion and spread it on top of the sauce on your dough.
5. When your chicken is finished, shred it (unsure of how to do that? Go here to refresh yourself on how to do it from the White Chicken Chili recipe I shared).
6. In a small dough mix your chicken shreds with about 2 T bbq sauce.
7. Spread your chicken on your dough.
8. Sprinkle the amount of cheese that looks good to you on top of all your other toppings.
9. Bake in the oven on the bottom rack for about 15-20 minutes (until crust is lightly browned/cheese is melted).
10. Chop your cilantro (into smaller pieces that I did)
11. Sprinkle on your pizza as soon as you remove it from the oven.
12. Serve with a fresh salad of your choice!
(We chose a spinach salad):