Friday, March 5, 2010

Crock Pottin' It Again!

We hosted a Super Bowl party this past January for Stephen's Small Group and their significant others.  While we originally thought we were going to have 20 people present (mostly boys) we really only had about 15.  Due to the thought of having a bunch of hungry men in our apartment around and during dinner time, I was really serious about having enough food for everyone.  I immediately turned to my beloved Crock Pot for help (I also borrowed some from my mom and my friend Amy so we had 4 pots crockin' for this event)!  I decided that I would make the White Chicken Chili that I shared a month ago and a regular Chili recipe that I also found in my "Fix it and Forget it" cookbook.  Both turned out wonderful!  I even had someone ask me for the recipes of both, as they thought they were superb (again, I did nothing but open up a bunch of cans and dice up some veggies, so no tootin' of my own horn here)!  I figured that while we were still technically in winter and you may need something easy to fix to warm your insides before the warmth of spring comes for good, that I would provide you with the regular chili recipe.

 Colleen's Favorite Chili:
Ingredients:
*2 medium onions, coarsely chopped *1-1 1/2 lbs. ground beef, browned and drained *2 garlic cloves, minced fine or 1/2 tsp garlic powder *3/4 cup finely diced green peppers *2 14 1/2 oz cans diced tomatoes, or 1 quart home-canned tomatoes *30-32 oz. beans - kidney or pinto OR mixture of two (I did a mixture) *8 oz can tomato sauce *1/4 tsp. beaumonde spice (I didn't know what this was so I didn't include it in mine) *1 tsp. ground cumin *1/2 tsp pepper *1 tsp seasoned salt *1 Tbsp, or more, chili powder *1 tsp dried basil

Prep:
*Combine all ingredients in slow cooker.
*Cover.  Cook on Low 8-12 hours, or High 5-6 (I did high for about 5.5 hours)

Thanks Colleen!  Your favorite has now become a Corsi household favorite as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!