Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring is in the air!

I love Bath and Bodyworks!  Now, don't get me wrong - it's not the same love that I had for it back when I was in 6th grade.  I'm sure you can relate to that love, the one where you had to get your Country Apple scent or Red, Ripened Raspberries because that's what all the cool girls were wearing...no?  Just me?  Oh well, I'll be the first to admit that I still have a special place in my heart for this store.  It's no longer over the lotions or body sprays that they have to offer, but now I love it for my home.  I love to go in when they are having a sale on their antibacterial soaps and stock up so that I can have a different smell on my hands every month.  I also really love their candles and wall flowers!  These make our apartment smell wonderful!  If you haven't ventured in to smell their new spring collection, I feel as if you MUST!  They have some wonderful smells that will take you back to your most favorite tropical vacation spot in an instant.  Here are two of my favorites:

(These pictures are from bathandbodyworks.com)
Of these scents (Caribbean Salsa and Island Nectar), I really prefer the wall flowers because they produce amazing smells all day long with me not having to blow them out or think about lighting them.  Buuuuut there is something you need to know about wall flowers that I found out the hard way...WALL FLOWERS REMOVE/RUIN THE FINISH ON WOOD FURNITURE!  We had a little moment here in the Corsi household where a wall flower was placed on one of our NEW night stands and the oil inside leaked onto the table top.  Simple, wipe it up right?  WRONG-O!  When wiping it up, the stain came right off with it!  (Our friend, Matt made a good point with this: we breath this stuff in: what is in it?!)  I must say, I grappled with the appropriate response - trying to balance between being materialistic and genuinely upset that the brand new furniture was ruined altered.  I dried my tears and my loving husband reminded me of the warranty that we took out against our better judgement (it cost extra money, and we won't need it...at least so we thought).  So we've called and we're awaiting their arrival to come and work on our night stand.  In the meantime, I've come to grips that this stuff happens and my joy doesn't derive from a perfect night stand - God, please help me if it ever came to that!

1 comment:

  1. i have never heard of these but island nectar sounds like is smells yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your thoughts - leave me some loving!